D6 D20 RPGs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Clean up...
May Day - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 3:48 pm by Dagnon

» May Day
May Day - Page 9 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 10:53 am by Rhoon

» Test game #1
May Day - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 10:13 am by Wallace

» Rules
May Day - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 10:05 am by Wallace

» Out of Thin Air
May Day - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm by kabetts

» Kill Team Argentum
May Day - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 12:35 pm by Dagnon

» Vive la Resistance!
May Day - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:01 am by Wallace

» Travel Companion: Dair Bronzehammer
May Day - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 pm by Wallace

» Not all systems functional
May Day - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 pm by Wallace

May Day

+3
Dagnon
Wallace
Mazzic
7 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

May Day - Page 9 Empty Re: May Day

Post by Mazzic Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Shattershield stopped himself from rolling his eyes. The tencho was clearly an arrogant man, but that was the way of the Valess: the strong rose to the top often through bravado and swift violence. So Khazadim simply rolled his shoulders and took a step back, dropping his extra weapons and drawing his greatsword. "If ye desire a bruisin' to prove somethin', I suppose I could be generous enough to provide one."

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:01 am

Now commencing your regular schedule again:

"Big words dwarf," said the tencho. One of his henchmen gave him large, double-bladed axe. The ease with which he grabbed the handle betrayed that his confidence was built on experience, not only bravado. The man and dwarf came to stand opposed to eachother just in front of the farm. The rest of the party could now see them clearly.
"You are awfully tall for a dwarf," the man grinned. "Time to shorten you a bit."
He jumped forward with the reckless abandon you'd expect from a Valessian. The ferocity took Khazadim by surprise. He tried to fend off the axe, but the blade scraped along his and buried itself in his right upper arm and shoulder.
"No games here, only real men," the tencho whispered when he got close.

Rolls:
Barbarian: Greataxe, 12 + 5 = 17 Hit! 8 + 3 = 11 damage
Khazadim: Awaiting actions and any mitigating reactions.

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagnon Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Lath looked to his brother and back to the group, whispering so as to not be overheard.

"Let us dally no further, I want to see something die...the spell caster cannot be left to its own devices."

Dagnon
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzic Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:01 am

OOC: No initiative or the like? Shameful. Was totally gonna rage brah.

IC:

The Valessian's joke failed to impress Khazadim - he'd had over a century of such painfully horrific humor, a common failing among the Tall Folk. The great axe and the blood immediately split came through loud and clear. Grunting the Shattershield gave himself over to the burning anger that was ever at the back of his mind, allowing the fury to fill him with warmth. With a snarl he pulled away from the axe and swung his own massive blade at the tencho's opposite flank.

Actions:
Enter Raaageee (Bonus Action)
Attack: Greatsword +5

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:58 pm

"Patience brother, this dwarf seems to have things in hand. He went to all this trouble we should give him a chance to see if it works. Besides, it should prove to be an entertaining fight. We can always render aid as needed once we see the outcome."

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:29 pm

OOC: You lost initiative

IC:

Khazadim's blade struck true. His mighty blade cut off a big chunk of the the tencho's flank. The man's counter attack barely even registered through the dwarf's rage. The tencho jumped back and grinned while he tried to stem the blood flowing from his side.
"Round 2, now we really get started."

Rolls:
Khazadim: 11 + 5 = 16 Hit! 9 damage
Tencho: Rage
Tencho: 11 + 5 = 16 Hit! 4 damage (= 2 damage while raging)

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzic Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Shattershield moved slighty to the side, attempting to keep himself facing the injured side of the Valessian thug. He spun the blade he held once and then struck again, swinging with the reckless abandon that only a berserk rage could induce in the normally cautious dwarf.

Actions:
Reckless Attack +5 and advantage

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:00 pm

The two men hammered away at each other, trading blow for blow.
"You fight well, but now comes the last round!" the Valessian chieftain growled and he came down with all his might. The dwarf deftly caught the blade with minimal damage. Their weapons locked, but here the sword of Khazadim had the advantage. He moved his blade down the pommel and into the tencho's leg, severing his upper leg's muscles. The axe dropped on the ground as the man dropped to one knee.
"Good fight, Khazadim-tono."
Khazadim knew he meant it when he heard the honorific. It was only given to people who were deemed worthy in the art of battle.
A shrill scream marked the ending of the battle. Nadja ran out of the house and immediately started to cast a spell on the fallen chieftain. Luminous green leafs floated around her as she cast.
"I leave you out of my sight for one second, drakaputz, and you start fighting with strangers? Who's he anyway?"

Rolls:
Khazadim: 16/19 + 5 = 21/24 Hit! 7 damage (= 3 damage while raging)
Tencho: 4/12 + 5 = 9/17 Hit! 10 damage (= 5 damage while raging)

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:50 am

Now that the fight was over Bryn whispered so as not to be heard by the barbarians and their witch.

"See, now we find out what they're doing here before we kill them."

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzic Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:55 pm

With a bloody grin the dwarf raised his sword to the side and took in a deep breathe, eyes on the woman and her magic, not on the chief and his blood. Khazadim was not a filthy barbarian, given to uncontrollable rages, though it took a goodly effort of will to reign in his bloodlust when his opponent yet lived and bled before him. "Khazadim Shattershield, and I flee the unnatural thing in yonder forest. I offered to join my blade against it, should it find its way here, and so..." he waved his hand to encompass the violence.

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:01 am

Nadja touched the tencho. The man shuddered as the green magic coursed through him, closing his wounds where the green light went through his veins.
"I see. And immediately our tencho tries to fight you for dominance, like two wild dogs. Regardless of your combat prowess I want to say I welcome your aid. We're on the run for the djengo as well. I've warded the house with some minor enchantments, but I doubt it will hold long if it comes too close."
Her hands pulsed with a new greenish light.
"If you would allow me Khazadim-tono?"
She touched you and you instantly felt your wounds close almost completely. Only some minor scratches remain.
"I hope you two are done with fighting among ourselves for today, because you made me spend a considerable amount of magic."

Rolls:
Nadja: Heals Khazadim for 13 hit points.

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzic Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:52 pm

The dwarf bowed his head in thanks, then sheathed his sword and collected his handaxes from where they laid. "Thankee Mistress, yer kindness to a strange dwarf is mightily appreciated!" He rolled his shoulder and wiped away the blood, revealing nary a scar. "I came from yonder woods fleeing a speaking...orb-eye creature. It threatened doom and destruction for everything around these parts. I'm no master of magic, but I am not entirely ignorant of the less...natural elements of the world. But that thing..." he shook his head, "What is it? Are we truly safe here with ye all, with your magics?"

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:32 am

"Safe? I would be dumb to think my meager magics could save us oll. As you can guess we are eastern folk. We come from Hoarsholt and it has been overrun by vicious plantlife that came from the forest. We are the first of our entire tribe of a hundred men, women and children that travel behind us. I tried to find a good ritual against the plants and demons that live among them, but so far I haven't found anything. Are you alone by the way or do have more friends that could help us?"

OOC:

250 xp for befriending the Hoarsholt tribe

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:24 am

Bryn steps out of the bushes dragging Lath along behind him.  

"Lady, we do have a few more with us, we just thought it best to send our diplomat in first."

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:19 am

The tencho and Nadja looked at Khazadim.
"Are these elves really with you Khazadim-tono?" the man said.

"That was your diplomat?" Nadja reacted amused. "Then I don't want to see the mess your warriors cause."

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzic Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 pm

The dwarf did all he could to resist from cringing. "I assure ye, with me is...perhaps too strong of a way of puttin' it." The knife-eared duo surely would be the death of him, sooner rather than later. "I have taken them as traveling companions, due to the strange nature of the thread from the woods." He leaned in a bit towards the witch and quietly added "My hope bein' that the strange orb creatures perfer the blood of the fairfolk over my own hardy stock's vintage."

Mazzic
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:56 am

Bryn responded to the dwarf as he stepped forward to join the conversation.

"I'm sure that they do, how could anything prefer the ale addled granite flavored vintage that you'd be offering?

He then spoke to Nadya.

"Our group is small, we have to make due with the...skills that we have available to us.  Your skills in the ways of magic are new to me.  If you have some time I'd love to know more about them."

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:30 am

"I see," Nadja said. "Do you have some skill in the ways of magic? Some new things against rabid vegetation?"
The tencho spat in the sand.
"At least the creatures bleed. The djengo just grows back. The name is Bayar by the way."

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:43 pm

Bõ's ears peaked when there was rustling around him. His meditation ended, he heaved himself up and turned to the party. He had met many people in one day and the bald man was beginning to tire from keeping up with names and languages. Everything was so much different than the monastery.

He stood behind the dwarf and looked at each of their new companions.
"My name is Bõ." He said. "You see before you some of the most talented men that I have seen in my lifetime and I have seen many."
"I am only a simple man but my vow is sacred." He touched his forehead and then looked at the woman, Nadja. "All evil has its source. What do you know of the djengo?"

Wallace
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:30 am

"We don't know much. It is as if the forest just turned upon us one day. Just overnight thick vines of rampant growth uprooted our houses and devoured people like green pythons. We couldn't stay..."
She wanted to know more, but another group of men arrived the farm. It was Tomcy Clane the mayor, Daryl Sanderson, the town's man-at-arms master, around ten soldiers and two farmers, supposedly the original owners of the farms.
"There are the ones who attacked us," one of the farmers cried.
"Stand down barbarians," Daryl demanded. The only effect it had was that the Hoarsholt men held their weapons even firmer.

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:10 am

Bryn glanced at Daryl as he spoke then at the men between him and the Man-at-arms. He then turned back to Nadja to answer her question.

"I do have some skills in the arcane arts, unfortunately I'm still learning. My master hasn't taught me much of anything more potent than parlor tricks."

As he spoke he made a small gesture and used minor conjuration to create a red rose which he handed to her.

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:40 pm

"You too adventurers. Have you been conniving with these wildlings?"

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:51 am

Bryn turned to the mayor.

"Conniving? We arrived moments before you and were working on diplomatic relations with them. Perhaps you should try it some time.  These people were displaced by an evil in the forest.  The same thing that killed the farmers animals that we were looking into for your people.  

Their Tencho is a mighty warrior and would likely relish the opportunity to fight with your people if you insist on battle. I'll not stand in your way, but judging by what I've seen, your motley band of farmers isn't going to fair well against them. However, this would be a good opportunity to make an ally for your town, which seems to be facing the same adversity. The enemy of my enemy, as they say."

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:34 am

The mayor squinted his eyes at the harsh words from Bryn.
"It's hard to start with diplomatic relations if their first act is to throw you out of your house elf!"

Bayar (the tencho) let his axe blade drop on the ground while still holding the handle. While lazily scratching his head he said "I can understand while our methods may seem to be... what's the word... inconsiderate to you. We don't have a word for 'inconsiderate' in our language. We see a good place to house our people, we take it. This has been the way since many kauzokus, eh, generations."

"The forest has turned against us," Nadja said. "You must have noticed that too, Austerians."

"What do you mean?" Tomcy Clane (the mayor) said.

"Wildlife acting awkward? Mysterious sickness in those who have been in or near the forest?" she asked.

"Now that you mention it. The husband of the inn keeper has died in the last months due to some strange poisoning. And we have seen many wolves and even a black bear roaming the countryside. The farmers are terrified for their stock. But that still doesn't excuse you from invading us. You could have just asked for our help."

"Our tribe doesn't need help," Bayar boomed. "We can arrange for everything we need."

Himo
D4
D4

Back to top Go down

Post by kabetts Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:41 pm

"While that's obviously true, speaking with your neighbors about the troubles in the forest may have been a better route than taking over the farm house.  They might have been able to give you help in dealing with the issue at hand instead of coming armed with the intention of starting a fight.  No matter how much you might enjoy beating the snot out of them, you must agree that joining with them to beat your true enemy would be a much better use of your skill."

kabetts
D6
D6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum